Indian History Of Today- August 01
- The East India Company and British Law were introduced for the first time on 1st August, 1672 in India.
- On 1 August 1846, one of the first Indian industrialists, Dwarkanath Tagore died in London.
- On August 1, 1879, the litterateur and journalist Achyut Balwant Kolhatkar was born.
- On August 1, 1882, great leader and editor Purushottam Das Tandon was born in Allahabad.
- On August 1, 1899, the freedom fighter and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s wife Kamala Nehru was born in Delhi, India.
- Together with Bal Gangadhar Tilak on August 1, 1916, Annie Besant introduced the Home Rule movement, Dadabhai Naoroji was the President of that movement.
- Indian nationalist, social reformer and lawyer Bal Gangadhar Tilak died on August 1, 1920 in Mumbai.
- Kirloskar monthly magazine was published on August 1, 1920.
- On August 1, 1922, educationist and writer Ratilal Sankalchand Nayak was born in Gujarat.
- On August 1, 1933, film actress Meena Kumari was born.
- On 1 August 1952, Indian batsman Yajurvindra Singh was born in Rajkot.
- On August 1, 1955, Indian cricketer Arun Lal was born in Moradabad.
- On August 1, 1963, the Soviet Union offers arms to India to stop China.
- The Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation was established on 1 August 1962.
- On August 1, 1992 S. Rajagopal was appointed as the Indian cabinet secretary.
- On August 1, 1994 Surendra Singh was appointed as the Indian cabinet secretary.
- On August 1, 1996 TSR Subramanian was appointed as the Indian cabinet secretary.