Indian History Of Today- August 04
- On August 4, 1845, Indian political leader and Mumbai’s leading lawyer Pherozeshah Mehta was born in Mumbai.
- On August 4, 1906, Indian politician and Himachal Pradesh’s first Chief Minister Yashwant Singh Parmar was born.
- On 4 August 1914, Gandhiji reached London and raises the Indian Volunteer Corps.
- Nagpur University was established on August 4, 1923.
- On August 4, 1928, Indian hockey player Udham Singh was born in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- On August 4, 1929, Indian playback singer Kishore Kumar was born in Khandwa.
- Indian cricketer Naren Tamhane was born on August 4, 1931 in Mumbai.
- On 4th August 1935, the Government of India received Royal Assent Act 1935.
- The Indian Government Act was approved by the King on August 4, 1936.
- On August 4, 1937, famous researcher, historian and lawyer K. P. Jayaswal died in Patna.
- Indian Airlines AVRO-748 crashed on a hill near Bombay on August 4, 1979.