Indian History Of Today- August 05
- Educationist and Philanthropist M. A. Muthiah Chettiar was born on August 5, 1905.
- On 5 August 1921, Sindhi novelist Gobind Malhi Singh was born.
- Indian freedom fighter and leader Gopinath Bordoloi died on August 5, 1950 in Guwahati.
- On August 5, 1965, Jayaprakash Narayan was given the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Public Service.
- Indian cricketer Venkatesh Prasad was born on August 5, 1969 in Bengaluru.
- On August 5, 1978, a dispute between upper castes and untouchables in Maharashtra in which 5 people died and 70 wounded.
- Jagjivan Ram established Congress (U) on August 5, 1981.
- On August 5, 1991, Leila Seth took the Chief Justice of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
- On August 5, 1992, the leader of the Quit India Movement, Achyut Patwardhan, died in Varanasi.
- Yakub Memon was arrested by the police on August 5, 1994, the main accused in the 1993 Bombay Blasts.
- On August 5, 2000, Indian cricketer Lala Amarnath passed away in New Delhi.