Indian History Of Today- August 15
- The Faujdari and Diwani Court was separated by the East India Company, 15 August 1772.
- Tukoji Rao Holkar died on August 15, 1797.
- Indian nationalist and philosopher Sri Aurobindo was born on August 15, 1872, in Kolkata.
- On August 15, 1918, the famous poet Hans Kumar Tiwari was born.
- On August 15, 1921, the writer of Hindu and Urdu language Amrit Rai was born.
- Indian independence activist and writer Mahadev Desai died on August 15, 1942, in Pune.
- Indian Independence Day on August 15, 1947.
- On 15th August 1947, India gets independence from British rule and Pakistan creates a separate Islamic nation.
- On August 15, 1947, Param Vir Chakra, Mahavir Chakra and Veer Chakra were established as prizes for bravery.
- Hindu Muslim Association was created on 15th August 1947 in Calcutta
- After independence on August 15, 1947, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru became the first Prime Minister of India.
- Indian Constitution comes into effect on 15th August 1950.
- On August 15, 1954, hundreds of people crossed the boundaries of Portuguese Goa to participate in Satyagraha by India.
- Indian Space Research Organisation was founded on August 15, 1969.
- North Maharashtra University was established on August 15, 1990.
- The Golden Jubilee celebration of Indian Independence ends on August 15, 1998.