Indian History Of Today- August 19
- The first rupee coin was made by East India Company in Calcutta on August 19, 1757.
- On August 19, 1887, Indian freedom activist and politician S. Satyamurti was born in Thirumayam.
- Critic Gangadhar Devra was born on August 19, 1903.
- On August 19, 1907, Hindi novelist, literary historian and essayist Hazari Prasad Dwivedi was born in Uttar Pradesh.
- On August 19, 1910, the teacher and social reformer Saint Alphonsa was born in Arpookara.
- On 19th August 1918, India’s 9th President Shankar Dayal Sharma was born in Bhopal.
- On August 19, 1947, Indian actor and director Vinayak Damodar Karnataki died in Mumbai.
- Sharad Pawar was elected from Pune Maharashtra Legislative Council on 19th August 1993.
- On August 19, 1993, Indian actor, director, and writer-playwright, Utpal Dutt passed away in Kolkata.
- 19th August 2015 Indian Politician and social activist Sanat Mehta died.