Indian History Of Today- August 20
- On August 20, 1597, the first ship of the Dutch East India Company returned from the Far East.
- On 20 August 1828, Brahmo Samaj was founded in Calcutta, the first movement to launch religious social reformers.
- On August 20, 1905, Lord George Curzon resigned from the Viceroy of India.
- On August 20, 1915, former Karnataka Chief Minister D. Devaraj Urs was born in Mysore.
- On 20th August 1917 historical Montagu Declaration.
- On August 20, 1921, Moplah revolt started in Kerala.
- On August 20, 1944, former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was born in Mumbai.
- On August 20, 1974, Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed was elected as the President of India.
- On August 20, 1979, Shri Charan Singh resigned from the post of Prime Minister.
- On 20th August 1985, Akali Dal President Harcharan Singh Longowal passed away.
- On August 20, 1991, the main accused Sivarasan and Subha committed suicide in Bangalore in the murder of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Lata Mangeshkar was given the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award on August 20, 1996.