Indian History Of Today- August 23
- Akbar left Agra as soon as he received the report of a widespread uprising on 23 August 1573.
- On August 23, 1872, Indian Politician, Freedom Fighter and Chief Minister of Madras Presidency, Tanguturi Prakasam was born in Vinodarayunipalem.
- On August 23, 1942, freedom fighter Gorabai Katiya was shot by the police in a procession of Narsimhapur.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University was established on August 23, 1958.
- On 23 August 1986 BG Deshmukh was appointed as Cabinet Secretary.
- On August 23, 1994, long distance swimmer, Arati Saha died in Kolkata.
- Cellular phone service was introduced for the first time in Kolkata on August 23, 1995.
- On August 23, 2000, India and Japan unveiled a new global partnership and agree to form a formal security negotiation.
- Rangarajan Kumaramangalam, the prominent leader of the Indian National Congress, died on August 23, 2000.