Indian History Of Today- August 24
- On August 24, 1608, the East India Company’s first ship “Hector” reached Surat.
- Job Charnock had come to Calcutta on August 24th, 1690 and since then, it has been celebrated as the day of Calcutta Day.
- On 24th August 1833, Gujarati poet, playwright and essayist Narmadashankar Dave was born in Surat.
- On August 24, 1888, the former Chief Minister of Mumbai B. G. Kher was born.
- On August 24, 1889, freedom fighter, social reformer, revolutionary and educationist K. Kelappan was born in Muchukunnu.
- Indian Biochemist and fuel technologist Adinath Lahiri was born on August 24, 1916, in West Bengal.
- On August 24, 1925, Indian scholar, orientalist and social reformer R. G. Bhandarkar passed away in Mumbai.
- On August 24, 1947, about 10,000 people were killed in border violence in Punjab.
- The announcement of the merger of Socialist Party and Krishak Mazdoor Praja Party on August 24, 1952.
- On August 24, 1966, Mihir Sen was the first Asian to cross Gibraltar Straits.
- Mohammad Hidayatullah was retired from acting President post on 24th August 1969.
- On 24th August 1969, V. V. Giri became the fourth President of India.
- On August 24, 1972, Tamil poet Venkatarama Ramalingam Pillai was born in Namakkal.
- On August 24, 1974, V. V. Giri retired from the post of president.
- Indian cricketer D. B. Deodhar died on August 24, 1993, in Pune.