Indian History Of Today- January 22
- On 22 January 1666, the fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan died in Agra.
- On January 22, 1877, Tarun Ram Phukan, the prominent leader of Assam was born.
- Indian musician, musicologist, and novelist, Dilip Kumar Roy was born on 22 January 1897.
- Indian anthropologist Nirmal Kumar Bose was born on 22 January 1901.
- Jayantilal Chhotalal Shah, a former Judge of India, was born on 22 January 1906.
- Indian writer and poet Harilal Upadhyay was born on 22 January 1916.
- Indian actor, producer, and director Vijay Anand were born on 22 January 1934.
- Sarv Mittra Sikri was appointed as the 13th Chief Justice of India on 22 January 1971.
- On 22 January 1972, Indian freedom fighter and educator, Swami Ramanand Tirtha, died.
- On 22 January 1980, Balram Jakhar was elected as the 8th Speaker of the Lok Sabha.