Indian History Of Today- July 06
- The Indian Botanical Garden was founded on 273 acres of land on July 6, 1787, by Robert Kyd, near Calcutta.
- On July 6, 1837, the prestigious Oriental scholar and India’s renowned scientist R. G. Bhandarkar was born in Ratnagiri district.
- Sant Gulabrao Maharaj was born on July 6, 1881.
- On July 6, 1901, the great social reformer and politician, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, was born in Calcutta.
- Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute was established on July 6, 1917.
- The Marathi story writer and novelist Vyankatesh Digambar Madgulkar was born on July 6, 1927.
- On July 6, 1924, the famous Punjabi writer and poet Prabhjot Kaur was born in Punjab.
- On July 6, 1930, the famous singer M. Balamuralikrishna was born.
- Tibetan leader and 14th Dalai Lama were born on July 6, 1935, in the Taktser village, Amdo, Tibet.
- Mahatma Gandhi was addressed as the Father of the Nation for the first time on July 6, 1944.
- Joint Declaration of Nehru and Marshal Tito in Belgrade on July 6, 1955.
- The great freedom fighter Jagjivan Ram died on July 6, 1986. (1952-56) Minister of Communications, (1956-62) Railway Minister, (1 967-70) Food and Agriculture Minister, (1 970-74) Defense Minister.
- On July 6, 1993, 39 people were killed in Jammu and Kashmir and 3 officers were abducted.