Indian History Of Today- July 09
- On July 9, 1746, fleet of French sailors reached India’s Pondicherry coast.
- On July 9, 1755, British General Edward Braddock was badly injured in the war between French and Indians.
- On July 9, 1873, the great leader and politician Henry Gidney was born in Igatpuri, Maharashtra.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange was built on 9th July 1875 for the first time under a banyan tree in India.
- On July 9, 1938, the famous actor Sanjeev Kumar was born.
- On July 9, 1969, India accepted Royal Bengal Tiger as National Animal.
- On July 9, 1992, the government gave its approval for the establishment of a joint-parliamentary committee for the investigation of the security scandal.
- Passport fees were increased from 60 rupees to 300 rupees on July 9, 1993.
- Punjab Governor Surendra Nath died on July 9, 1994.
- On July 9, 1995, 17 Indian climbers reached Jogmah in the Garhwal Himalayas.
- On July 9, 1996, the Delhi court had called former Prime Minister P.V. Narasimha Rao for the trial of Lakhubhai Pathak as an accused in the case of cheating.
- On July 9, 1999, famous writer and former bureaucrat Ashok Mitra died in Calcutta.
- India defeated the inaugural Asian Cricket Council in Kuala Lumpur on 9 July 2000 under the Under-15 Championship.