Indian History Of Today- July 12
- Bahlul Lodi, the founder of the Afghan and Lodhi clan died in Delhi on 12 July 1489.
- On 12 July 1674 Chhatrapati Shivaji signed a friendship agreement with the British East India Company.
- On July 12, 1823, the first Indian Steam engine ship “Diana” was sailed in a sea-shore near Calcutta.
- On July 12, 1896, Digambarrao Bindu was born, he was politician and father of the Hyderabad-based Liberation Party.
- Director and film producer Bimal Roy was born on July 12, 1909.
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India, Y. V. Chandrachud was born on July 12, 1920.
- Indian cricketer Pochiah Krishnamurthy was born on 12 July 1947 in Hyderabad.
- KLM 749 Constellation crashes on July 12, 1949 near Bombay, in which 45 people died.
- Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University was established on 12th July, 1960 in Bihar.
- Ranchi University was established on July 12th,1960.
- On July 12, 1965, cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar was born in Mangalore.
- West Bengal governor Saiyid Nurul Hasan died on July 12, 1993.
- On July 12, 1998, Atal Bihari Vajpayee announced that India would continue the nuclear program.
- The famous film actor Rajendra Kumar died on July 12, 1999.