Indian History Of Today- July 20
- After Alauddin Khilji death on 20 July 1296, Jalaluddin declared himself as King of Delhi.
- The great poet Tulsidas was born on July 20, 1531.
- On July 20 1636, Indians killed the trader John Oldham.
- The British captured Portugal on 20 July 1654.
- Jankibai passed away in jail on 20 July 1829.
- On July 20, 1898, great Sanskrit scholar and educationist Krishna Kanta Handique was born in Jorhat of Assam.
- On July 20, 1903 the British increased the size of the Royal Army in India.
- On July 20, 1911, Indian fast bowler Baqa Jilani was born in Jalandhar.
- On July 20, 1924, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar established the Bahishkrit Hitakarini Sabha.
- Mohammad Hidayatullah was elected as India’s first acting President on July 20, 1969.
- On July 20, 1969, Varahagiri Venkata Giri resigned from his post to contest the presidential election.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s disciple Mirabehn died on July 20, 1982.
- Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma died on July 20, 1991, he was the last ruler of the southern state of Travancore.