Indian History Of Today- July 24
- On July 24, 1783, social reformer and dynamic leader Simón Bolívar was born in Caracas.
- On July 24,1837 Kanishta, son of Sam Rajya Lakshmi, was killed.
- On July 24, 1911, the famous flute player Pannalal Ghosh was born.
- Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan was established on July 24, 1932.
- On July 24, 1932, actor and playwright Madhukar Devram Toradmal was born.
- Government of India announced new industrial policy on July 24, 1991.
- On July 24, 1991 Union Budget raised the prices of all the rounds.
- Tribesmen killed 37 Muslims in Northeastern India on July 24, 1992.
- On July 24, 1996, the government decided to increase the amount of the death gratuity to 1 Lac to 2.50 Lakhs.
- On July 24, 1998, India signed an agreement with Russia to buy an aircraft carrier.
- Senior CPI (M) leader Vimala Ranadive died in Mumbai on July 24, 1999.