Indian History Of Today- June 26
- The famous singer and actor Narayan Shripad Rajhans was born on 26th June 1888.
- On June 26, 1888, the great freedom fighter and social reformer Ghanshyam Das Birla was born in Pilani.
- On June 26, 1906, the birth of famous Tamil writer and social worker M. P. Sivagnanam was born in Madras.
- On June 26, 1954, Nehru and Chou En Lai pledged a good neighboring policy in Delhi.
- On June 26, 1955, both India and Poland ratified the Panchsheel.
- On June 26, 1975, the British government arrested the freedom fighter and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh.
- Air India’s first Boeing 707 “Gauri Shankar” plane crashed on 26 June 1982 at the Sahar airport of Bombay.
- On 26th June 1983, because of monsoon flood that killed more than 500 people in Gujarat.
- On June 26, 1991 Sharad Pawar joined the Union Cabinet as Defense Minister.
- On June 26, 1995, Madhya Pradesh was declared a “Tiger State” because it comes in sixth place in terms of population of Tigers.