Indian History Of Today- May 02
- On 2 May 1567, the Dutch East India Company Vice President Sebald de Weert was born.
- On 2 May 1769, Scottish soldier and administrator of British East India Company John Malcolm were born.
- Famous Hindustani classical singer Vasantrao Deshpande was born on 2nd May 1920.
- On May 2, 1921, Indian archaeologist Braj Basi Lal was born.
- On 2 May 1921, Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, graphic designer and musician, Satyajit Ray was born.
- Indian politician Yashwant Singh Parmar died on May 2, 1981.
- On May 2, 1985, Hindi language writer and journalist Banarsidas Chaturvedi died.