Indian History Of Today- May 08
- On May 8, 1906, fifth Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army Pran Nath Thapar was born.
- On May 8, 1916, Indian spiritual leader and teacher Chinmayananda Saraswati was born.
- On May 8, 1916, Indian cinematographer, Ramananda Sengupta was born.
- On May 8, 1929, Indian classical singer Girija Devi was born.
- On May 8, 1938, Indian-Pakistani cricketer Javed Burki was born.
- Rabindra Bharti University was established on May 8, 1962.
- On May 8, 1989, Indian baseball player Dinesh Patel was born.
- On 8 May 1992, Cricketer Gul Mohammad died.