Indian History Of Today- May 16
- On May 16, 1926, Indian classical singer Manik Varma was born.
- On May 16, 1931, Indian politician, Natwar Singh was born.
- On May 16, 1933, writer of the Kalajal Novel, Shani was born.
- On May 16, 1945, writer and linguist in the Odia language, Gopala Chandra Praharaj died.
- The Sikkim High Court was established on May 16, 1975, in Gangtok.
- V. Shantaram was selected for the Dadasaheb Phalke Award on May 16, 1986.
- Indian film director Phani Majumdar died on May 16, 1994.