Indian History Of Today- May 22
- On May 22, 1545, Sher Shah Suri, the founder of the Sur empire in the northern part of the subcontinent, died.
- Ram Mohan Roy, great social reformer and the founder of the Brahma Sabha, was born on 22 May 1772.
- Revolutionary Suniti Choudhury was born on May 22, 1917.
- Former Indian cricket player E. A. S. Prasanna was born on 22 May 1940.
- Indian film actor and screenwriter Nedumudi Venu was born on May 22, 1948.
- On May 22, 1959, Indian politician, Mehbooba Mufti was born.
- Indian author Shripad Amrit Dange passed away on May 22, 1991.