Indian History Of Today- October 02
- On 2 October 1422, the ruler of the Bahmani Sultanate Taj Ud-Din Firuz Shah died.
- Shipping Corporation of India was established on 2 October 1961.
- The leader of the Indian independence movement Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869.
- On 2 October 1904, the second Prime Minister of India, Lal Bahadur Shastri was born.
- On 2 October 1906, the famous Indian painter and artist Raja Ravi Varma was born.
- On 2 October 1930 Indian cricketer Jai Singh Rao Ghorpade was born.
- The Indian Naval Force was established on October 2, 1934.
- On 2 October 1939 Indian cricketer Budhi Kunderan was born.
- On 2 October 1948 Indian model, actress, and author Persis Khambatta were born in Mumbai.
- Integral Coach Factory was established in 1952 and production started on 2 October 1955.
- The broadcast of the Mumbai Doordarshan was started on October 2, 1972.
- On October 2, 1975, Indian National Congress leader Kumaraswami Kamaraj died in Chennai.
- The first Indian C. D. Deshmukh, who was appointed as the governor of the Reserve Bank of India on October 2, 1982, died in Hyderabad.