Indian History Of Today- October 05
- Governor General Charles Cornwallis was born on 5 October 1805 in Ghazipur.
- On October 5, 1864, the cyclone destroyed most of the Calcutta city, killing 50,000 people.
- On October 5, 1868, the novelist, Laxmi Narayan Baruah, was born.
- On October 5, 1907, the British MP Keir Hardie gave information on the ongoing revolt in India.
- Indian lawyer and politician Kailashpati Mishra was born on October 5, 1923.
- Indian cricketer Madhav Apte was born on 5 October 1932 in Mumbai.
- Jawaharlal Nehru becomes the first recipient of the key of Hiroshima Peace City on October 5, 1957.
- On October 5, 1989, the Dalai Lama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- On October 5, 1991, Ramnath Goenka, who launched The Indian Express, passed away.
- On October 5, 1991, the famous playwright and novelist Vinayak Devrukhkar died.
- On October 5, 1997, Dr. Kalpana Chawla became the first Indian woman to become an astronaut.