Indian History Of Today- October 17
- On 17 October 1817, Islamic reformist and nineteenth-century philosopher Syed Ahmad Khan was born in Delhi.
- On 17 October 1859, research scholar, linguist and critic Keshavlal Harshadrai Dhruv was born.
- On October 17, 1903, the 7th Madras Infantry was re-established as 67th Punjab Infantry.
- Khilafat movement was started on 17 October 1919 under the leadership of Maulana Jauhar Ali, Maulana Shaukat Ali and Abdul Kalam Azad.
- On October 17, 1906, Indian teacher of Hindu religion of Vedanta, Swami Rama Tirtha died in Tehri.
- On October 17, 1915, Hindi language poet Shri Virendra Kumar Jain was born in Madhya Pradesh.
- On October 17, 1932, freedom fighter and social reformer, Rani Gaidinliu was arrested by the British army.
- On October 17, 1940, Vinoba Bhave started the individual satyagraha of Mahatma Gandhi.
- On October 17, 1970, Indian cricketer Anil Kumble was born in Bengaluru.
- On October 17, 1981, Tamil poet and songwriter Kannadasan passed away.