Indian History Of Today- October 24
- On October 24, 1505, Francisco de Almeida was elected as the first Governor and Viceroy of the Portuguese state of India.
- On 24 october 1789 Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies, Jean Chrétien Baud, was born.
- On 24 October 1827, Viceroy of India (1880), Lord Ripon was born.
- On October 24, 1868, Balasaheb Pant Pratinidhi, the ruler of the small princely state of Aundh, was born.
- On October 24, 1890, Indian Bengali physicist Sisir Kumar Mitra was born.
- On October 24, 1904, the industrialist, philanthropist, and Jain social leader Lalchand Hirachand were born.
- On October 24, 1932, Indian American scientist and educator Govindjee were born in Allahabad.
- On October 24, 1934, former Indian cricketer Arvindrao Laxmanrao Apte was born.
- United Nations Day was founded on October 24, 1945.
- On October 24, 1954, political leader and Indian freedom worker, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai died.
- On October 24, 1984, the first underground Metro train in India was started between Esplanade and Bhowanipur in Calcutta.
- On October 24, 1991, Urdu writer, Ismat Chughtai died in Mumbai.
- On October 24, 2000, Indian politician and parliamentarian, Sitaram Kesri died.
A History of India
List Price: Rs.350