Indian History Of Today- September 23
- On 23 September 1803 British-Indian Army defeated the Marathas in the Battle of Assaye.
- On September 23, 1858, British soldier and historian James Grant Duff died.
- On September 23, 1863, freedom fighter Rao Tula Ram was born.
- On September 23, 1903, Indian freedom fighter and socialist leader Yusuf Meherally was born in Mumbai.
- On September 23, 1908, Indian Hindi poet and essayist Ramdhari Singh Dinkar was born.
- On September 23, 1911, Indian experimental physicist and scientist R. S. Krishnan was born.
- Indian cricketer Anshuman Gaekwad was born on September 23, 1952.
- Indian cricketer Prashant Vaidya was born on September 23, 1967.
- On September 23, 1974, first NCC Air Force Squadron (Women) was established in Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan.
- A joint statement was made by the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan in the United Nations General Assembly held in New York on September 23, 1998.
- On 23 September 2015, Hindu monastic monk Dayananda Saraswati passed away.