Mahatma Buddha And Buddhism
Buddhism was founded by Gautama Buddha. Buddha’s father’s name was Suddhodana, who was the king of the Shakya clan. And his mother’s name was Maya. In childhood, he was known as Siddhartha. Buddha is also known as Shakyamuni. After the death of Siddhartha’s mother, Gotami raised a Siddhartha. Gotami was the aunt of Siddhartha. In 563 BCE, Buddha was born in the Lumbini area of Nepal. Buddha was married to Yasodhara (Pali Yasodhara), the daughter of King Suppabuddha. Buddha and Yasodhara had a son whose name was Rahula. Seeing a monk, a diseased person and a dead person, Siddhartha’s belief in worldly relationships were over. At the age of 29, Buddha renounced his house, family, and state to acquire knowledge. After this, the Buddha wandered for the next 6 years, during that time he met with a pen. After this, the Buddha wandered for the next 6 years, during that time he met with Alara Kalama. Buddha first received the education of meditation, yoga from Alara Kalama. Buddha also mastered the Vedas, Upanishads and martial arts. Even after obtaining so much knowledge, Buddha did not get satisfaction and after wandering till the age of 35, he reached “Gaya”(a district of Bihar state of present India). Here he started his austerity near a peepal tree (Bodhi tree) and on the 19th day, he received the infinite wisdom. After attaining this infinite knowledge, Siddhartha became known as Buddha. Buddha means that the enlightened person who has attained complete truth. When Buddha had attained infinite wisdom, then he is called Nirvana in Buddhism and Hinduism. Buddha gave his first preaching to 5 Brahmin Yogi at Sarnath near Varanasi. This is known as Dharmacakrapravartana in Buddhism. Buddhist association was established in Sarnath. All the sons of Rajgir and the Mauryan got knowledge from the Buddha. Ananda was Buddha’s most beloved disciple and was known as his companion. Mahakasyapa was the most knowledgeable and educated disciple of Mahatma Buddha. Upali was a symbol of humility. King Prasenjit of Kaushal, king Bimbisara of Magadha and other kings, including Ajatashatru, recognized the teachings of Buddha and received an education from them. Name of the charioteer of Mahatma Buddha was Channa and the name of the horse is Kanthaka. Buddha first received the education of yoga knowledge from Alara Kalama. All these people had a prominent place in the life of Mahatma Buddha. Buddha died in the city of Kusinara (present day in Kushinagar) in 483 BCE. At the time when he passed away, he was 80 years old. In Buddhism, it was called Mahaparinirvana.The last sermon of Buddha was heard by his beloved Ananda and some monks. Buddha believed that all individuals should be themselves in their own way. Buddha was a symbol of compassion and wisdom. Buddha used to talk about spiritual growth. Buddha also opposed animal sacrifices, racism, and even Vedas. According to Buddhism, a man should end all his desires and pain. Free yourself from the cycle of life and death. Buddha promoted the doctrine of karma very much. Buddha said that the present life of a human being is the result of his own deeds. Karma effect (karma Phal) takes the support of consciousness to go into the next life. Human gets born on this earth again and again so that he can get his karma effect. This is called the principle of karma. If we get rid of our sins, then we will be free from this cycle. And then we will get salvation.
Some Interesting Facts Related To Buddhism:-
- Buddhism is the third largest religion after Islam and Christianity.
- People believing in this religion live in countries like China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, and India.
- In the Latent period, Buddhism was spread to Yunnan, Afghanistan, and areas of Arabia.
- Buddhist religion is considered to be the religion of atheists. Buddhism is a symbol of practice and awakening.
- Hinayana and Mahayana these are the two main sects of Buddhism.
- Lumbini (Nepal), Bodhgaya (Bihar, India), Sarnath (Uttar Pradesh, India), Kushinagar (Uttar Pradesh, India) are the four pilgrimage places of Buddhism.
- Tripitaka: -Scripture of Buddhism.
- Buddhist is the original four elements of religion.
- Mahatma Buddha gave his teachings in the Pali language.
- The Tripitaka is divided into three parts: – (1) Vinaya Pitaka (2) Sutta Pitaka (3) Abhidhamma Pitaka.
- Gautama Buddha was born on the occasion of Shukla Purnima of Baisakh Mass; he received knowledge on this day and died on this day.
Gautama Buddha: – It is better to win over yourself instead of thousands of wars. Nobody can snatch it from you.