The Biggest Mistakes Of Jawaharlal Nehru
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India. History is the witness that Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had made many such mistakes. And the country is still suffering the result of those mistakes. Today, we will talk about some of the mistakes made by him.
Mistakes Of Jawaharlal Nehru:-
- It is the matter of the year 1950 when Jawaharlal Nehru had gifted India’s Coco Islands to Myanmar. This island is about 1000 km from Kolkata. After some years China had rented this island from Myanmar. From where China still monitors all the activities of India in the ocean.
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru gave the Kabaw Valley of Manipur to Myanmar once again for the sake of friendship on January 13, 1954. Myanmar did that same thing again and gave some part of the Kabaw Valley to China. From where China keeps a close watch on India. Kabaw Valley is one of those beautiful places, like Kashmir.
- In 1952 Nepal’s King Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Shah proposed to merge Nepal with India in front of Jawaharlal Nehru. But at that time Jawaharlal Nehru declined, he believed that due to this the two countries would only be suffered.
- In 1952, the United States proposed to become a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council in front of Jawaharlal Nehru. But Nehru gave this place to China. And today, the China with the help of Pakistan rejects many proposals of India in the United Nations. China had turned down the proposal of India to declare Masood Azhar as international terrorists.
- Pamela Hicks was the daughter of Lady Mountbatten. She wrote about Jawaharlal Nehru and Lady Mountbatten relationship in her book. Even Lord Mountbatten did not have any problems with the close relationship of both of them. So that he could know about the secrets of Indian Army and the economic condition of the country.
- Jawaharlal Nehru was very keen to increase his friendship with China. He made a Panchsheel Agreement with China in 1954. According to this agreement, India accepted China’s occupation of Tibet. Later in 1962, when there was a war between the two countries, the Chinese army had entered into India from the road of Tibet.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel wrote a letter to Jawaharlal Nehru in 1950. In which he warned Nehru that China cannot be trusted, we consider China as a friend, but China doesn’t consider us as the friend. It will be centuries later when there will be enemy countries on both sides of India. But Jawaharlal Nehru ignored the talk of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the result is that today India is surrounded by enemies from both sides.
- When Indo-China war started in 1962, the Chinese army had penetrated Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam at that time. But Jawaharlal Nehru did not let the Indian Army take any action because Nehru was showing his friendship at that time. Because of this, China had occupied 14000 square kilometers of Kashmir (Kailash Mountain, Manasarovar, and other pilgrimage places also come). In 1962, China defeated India. In order to know, the defeat of India, the government had formed a committee under the leadership of Lieutenant-General Henderson Brooks and Brigadier Premindra Singh Bhagat. It is said that in the report made by them, the Prime Minister, Defense Minister’s strategies were greatly criticized. That’s why this report has not been made public.