Indian History Of Today- April 09
- On April 9, 1756, Nawab of Bengal, Alivardi Khan passed away.
- On April 9, 1893, politician, professor and Hindi writer Rahul Sankrityayan was born.
- On April 9, 1929, Indian sarod player and scholar, Sharan Rani Backliwal was born.
- On 9th April, 1948, Indian film actress and politician, Jaya Bachchan was born.
- On April 9, 1991, Rajendra Mathur, the editor of the Hindi daily newspaper Navbharat Times, passed away.
- On 9th April 1994, Indian freedom fighter Chandra Rajeswara Rao passed away.
- On April 9, 2014, Aelay Narendra, Indian politician, passed away.