Indian History Of Today- April 12
- On 12 April 1871, Gangadhar Balkrishna Deshpande, a modern era editor, was born.
- On 12 April 1873, poet, philosopher and social reformer Kumaran Asan was born.
- Indian historian Kirpal Singh Narang was born on April 12, 1912.
- On 12 April 1917, former Indian cricketer Vinoo Mankad was born.
- On April 12, 1943, Indian politician Sumitra Mahajan was born.
- Kailas Nath Wanchoo became the 10th Chief Justice of India on April 12, 1967.
- On April 12, 1992, the Communist leader Makineni Basavapunnaiah was born.
- On April 12, 2012, Bengali Indian playwright and screenwriter Mohit Chattopadhyay passed away.