Indian History Of Today- July 31
- On 31 July 1658, Aurangzeb declares himself a Mongol emperor.
- On 31 July 1861, 9 300 millimeters of rainfall in Cherrapunji, Assam created a new world record.
- On July 31, 1865, great social activist and educationist of modern Mumbai Jaganath Shunkerseth was born in Mumbai, India.
- On July 31, 1902, the great writer and Padmabhushan award-winning K. Shankar Pillai was born in Kayamkulam, India.
- Researcher and mathematician Damodar Dharmananda Kosambi was born on July 31, 1907 in Goa, India.
- On July 31, 1916, the chief minister of Rajasthan and freedom fighter Mohanlal Sukhadia was born.
- Indian cricketer Hemu Adhikari was born on 31 July 1919 in Pune.
- On July 31, 1933 Gandhiji was arrested from Sabarmati Ashram and imprisoned without trial.
- Indian freedom fighter and fiery revolutionary Udham Singh died on July 31, 1940 in HM Prison Pentonville, London.
- On July 31, 1948, the Calcutta State Transport Corporation was established.
- On July 31, 1980, famous Playback singer, Mohammed Rafi died in Mumbai, India.
- On July 31, 1992, Sitar Maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar won the Magsaysay Award.
- On July 31, 1993, Zafar Saifullah was appointed as the Cabinet Secretary of India.