Indian History Of Today- June 16
- On June 16, 1859, Anandaram Dhekial Phukan, who was a poet and essayist of modern Assamese, passed away.
- On June 16, 1893, India’s social worker and businessman, Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar, was born in Tamil Nadu.
- On 16th June 1920, Indian singer and composer Hemant Chaudhary was born.
- On June 16, 1925, the great revolutionary and freedom fighter Chittaranjan Das died.
- On June 16, 1934, the famous Hindi writer and professor M. Muthuraman was born in Madurai (Tamil Nadu).
- On June 16, 1946, Indian leaders were called in Britain to establish an interim government.
- On June 16, 1946, C. Rajagopalachari was appointed governor of West Bengal in the interim government.
- The conversation of the cabinet mission on 16 June 1946 was rejected.Proposal of interim government by Viceroy.
- Actor Mithun Chakraborty was born on June 16, 1950.
- On June 16, 1951, the Nehru opponents established the People’s party in Delhi.
- On June 16th, 1990, a new record of 42 centimeter heavy rainfall was created in Mumbai.
- P. A. D. Dhavale died on June 16, 1992, former editor of Daily Newspaper “Maharashtra”.
- On June 16, 1997, Malayalam film actor P. Sukumaran died in Kochi, at the age of 50.
- On June 16, 1998, the Prime Minister of Bangladesh sheikh hasina meets Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Delhi.