Indian History Of Today- June 29
- On June 29, 1757, Mir Jafar was established as the Nawab of Bihar, Bengal and Orissa.
- On 29th June 1857, the Indies who were fighting under the leadership of Barkat Ahmed in the battle of Chinhat, beat the British.
- On June 29,1864 Bengali lawyer and Chief Justice Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was born in Calcutta.
- Michael Madhusudan Dutt, the first Bengali poet of Bengal died on June 29, 1873.
- On June 29, 1893 physicist, mathematical expert and founder of Indian Statistical Institute, Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis was born in Calcutta.
- On June 29, 1901 Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court Justice Amal Kumar Sarkar was born.
- Prince Pratapsinhrao Gaekwad of Baroda was born on June 29, 1908.
- On June 29, 1966, the famous mathematician of India, Dharmanand Kosambi passed away.
- On June 29, 1976, the Miss India-Universe Sandhya Chib was born.
- On June 29, 1991 under the leadership of Jyoti Basu, into the West Bengal sworn in the 32-member Left Front cabinet.
- Congress on 29th June, 1992 nominates K. R. Narayanan’s name for the Vice President seat.
- On June 29, 1993, the NSCN(K) militants killed 24 jawans in the Manipur.(K) militants killed 24 jawans in the Manipur.(K) militants killed 24 jawans in the Manipur.(K) militants killed 24 jawans in the Manipur.
- On June 29, 1997, Anand won the Frankfurt Chess Classic 1997 title in Germany.
- On June 29, 1998, the government gives full state status to Delhi and also decides to make 3 new states, Uttaranchal, Vananchal and Chhattisgarh.
- On 29th June, 1999 Pakistani intelligence operatives beat the India’s high commissioner member N. R. Doraiswamy.