Indian History Of Today- October 09
- On October 9, 1874, Russian painter, writer, and archaeologist Nicholas Roerich were born.
- On October 9, 1877, social worker, political activist and reformer Gopabandhu Das was born.
- Indian lawyer and politician M. Bhaktavatsalam was born on October 9, 1897.
- On October 9, 1924, freedom fighter and Dalit activist Immanuvel Devendrar was born
- On October 9, 1945, British soldiers captured Andaman Nicobar of Gulf of Bengal.
- On 9 October 1946, the Congress came to know of Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s 9-point demand.
- On October 9, 1949, India’s Territorial Army was founded.
- On October 9, 1963, Indian freedom fighter, barrister and Indian Muslim nationalist leader Saifuddin Kitchlew died.
- On October 9, 1964, K. M. George founded the Kerala Congress Party.
- On October 9, 1992, Harjinder Singh Jinda and Sukhdev Singh Sukha, killers of former army chief Arun Vaidya, hanged in Pune jail.
- On October 9, 1993, Indian cricketer C. R. Rangachari passed away.
- On October 9, 2006, Indian Politician and Social Reformer Kanshi Ram passed away.
- On October 9, 2015, Indian musician and songwriter Ravindra Jain died.
Ashoka: The Search for India’s Lost Emperor
List Price: Rs.599
Our Price: Rs.420